Friday, September 26, 2008

David and Goliath

I came across this post on ZDNet discussing how with giants in the enterprise 2.0 industry such as Oracle, is it possible for smaller startups that want to enter the fray now to succeed. I personally thought this was thought provoking since in America, many of us want to believe that it is the land of opportunity where anyone can succeed. As the author of the post recants about the enterprise 2.0 industry however,

"These are areas in which many of the startups simply cannot compete. Don’t get me wrong, there is always room for innovation. I myself work for a company that wins daily against the giants of the network security industry. I want the “little guy” to win. But is it probable?"

What do you think? Do you think in the enterprise 2.0 industry full of Giants, is it possible for little guys to succeed.

No comments: